Daily DeviationGiven 2005-01-16
There is so much perfection in this visual style, really. No other VS I've used has matched it for completeness of feeling, that is the feel of it's buttons, hover/active states, general refinement - it blends into the background. A lot can be learned from this even for contemporary skins and themes.
I'd give a kidney for a vista version.
Lovin' the 1-pixel borders.
Honestly, I bring my netbook to parties just to show it off, no-one believes me when I tell them it is XP.
Is there a chance of porting this to gnome... or maybe... if I do learn how to do it would you mind if I ported it?
keep it up
Keep it up mate!
Here's a tutorial 4 noobs [like myself]. But i still couldn't find the wallpaper that goes with this beautyfull style...
1. Okay first you need to find out which Service Pack you are running. To do this simple press the Windows flag key+Pause/Break key. This is going to open the system properties window. Here it is going to say which service pack you are running
2. Now you have some downloading to do.
First get: The appropriate Uxtheme.dll file
If you are running Service Pack 1 then get this file. [url=[link]
If you are running Service Pack 2 then get this file. [url=[link]
3. Unzip the file to your desktop
4. Now you need to download the Replacer(I recommend getting a stable version). The replacer efficiently replaces your system files and is supposed to be completely safe. This program also backs up your file in case you need to revert the changes.
5. Unzip the Replacer to your desktop. Make sure you read the "readme" because it has some important tips on how to revert those changes that you made. [url=[link] here[/url]
Now you are ready to replace your uxtheme.dll file
1. Now double click on the replacer file (replacer.cmd)
2. Then it will ask you to drag and drop the original system file you want to replace. So go to the System32 folder and somewhere near the bottom you are going to see the uxtheme.dll file. Drag and drop it into the window.
Note: your computer may have more than 1 uxtheme.dll file but usually the file that you computer is using is the one in the system32 folder. (usually the location for your Uxtheme.dll file is C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll)
3. Press Enter
4. Then it will ask you to drag the file you want to replace. Open the folder with the downloaded file and drag and drop the file into replacer.
5. Now it will ask you to confirm that you want to replace the files or not. So double check and then press enter.
Replacer will now swap your original file with the new one. Now restart your computer.
Congratulations you can now use heylove's msstyle themes on your computer. Which is going to make your computer look super cool!
To change your theme just right click on desktop» properties» appearances tab» Windows and buttons
Or just doubleklick on the dowloaded visualstyle.
Hope this helps
Again I really love this Theme ! Props 2 Heylove
I really love these kind a visual styles but i just can't seem to get them installed... and i'm really boared to death by the custom windows styles...